When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘MyDigitalForest’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the site.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.
The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments (if applicable), content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptions), your actions on our Sites (including any selections or inputs into items) and web and email analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU FROM OTHERS
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US, and Australia in order to process a transaction;
third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who are located in the US , which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service, this only occurs if you are using MydigitalForest.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
Operating the Sites;
- Providing you with services described on the Sites;
- Verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- Responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- Updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. To notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- Carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- Monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. To identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- Managing our relationship with you, e.g. By responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- Managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- Training Mydigitalforest staff about how to best serve our user community;
- Improving our products and services;
- Providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time
COOKIES (NOT THE TYPE YOU EAT!) AND WEB ANALYTICS
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- Your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- The domain name you requested;
- The name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- The date and time of your visit to the website;
- The length of your session;
- The pages which you have accessed;
- The number of times you access our site within any month;
- The file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- The website which referred you to our Sites;
- The operating system which your computer uses; and
- The technical capabilities of your web browser.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN
Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Sites for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.